(1) wish that sb did sth 希望某人现在做某事
I wish I were as strong as you.
我希望和你一样强壮。
(2) wish that sb had done sth 希望某人过去做某事
I wish you had told me earlier
要是你早点告诉我就好了。
(3) wish that sb would/could do sth 希望某人将来做某事
I wish you would succeed this time.
我希望你这次会成功。
(1) would rather do sth than do sth 宁愿做……而不愿做……
She would rather die than turn against his motherland.
她宁可死也不去背叛祖国。
(2) would rather have done sth 宁愿过去做过某事
I would rather have taken his advice.
我宁愿过去接受他的意见。
(3) would rather sb had done sth 宁愿某人过去做过某事
I would rather I had passed the examination last week.
我真希望通过上星期的考试。
(4) would rather sb did sth 宁愿某人现在或将来做某事
Who would you rather went with you?
你宁愿谁和你一起去?
(1) before sb can/ could… 某人还没来得及……
Before I could get in a word, he had measured me.
我还没来得及插话,他就给我量好了尺寸。
(2) It will be +时间+ before + 还有多长时间……
It will be 4 years before he graduates.
他还有四年时间便毕业了。
(3) had done some time before (才……)
We had sailed four days and four nights before we saw land.
我们航行了四天四夜才见到陆地。
(4) had not done... before... 不到……就……
We hadn't run a mile before he felt tired.
我们还没走到一英里路就觉得累了。
(5) It was not +一段时间+ before 不多久就……
It wasn't two years before he left the country.
还没到两年他们离开了那国家。
(1) It is /was +被强调部分+that(who)...
It was I who wrote to my uncle yesterday.
是我昨天给我叔叔写信的。
(2) Is/was it + 被强调部分 + that (who) ...
Was it your brother that you met in the street?
在街上你遇见的是你兄弟吗?
(3) Where/who/what/how等特殊疑问词 + is/was it that ...
How is it that you will go to visit her tomorrow?
明天你究竟怎样去看望她?
(4) do/does/did +谓语动词 (强调谓语)
They do know the place well.
他们的确很熟悉那个地方。
(1) would like to/ would love to have done sth.
I would like to have written to you.
我本想给你写信的。
(2) was / were going to do sth. (用过去将来时态表示原打算做什么)
Lucy was going to watch a basketball match.
Lucy 原打算看一场篮球比赛。